Monday, June 15, 2009

THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD

This children's story reminds me of Craig Treble. We've known him a long time, from they days of his bracket racing, starting out in the Pro field same time we tried our hand at Pro Stock Truck. Craig has almost had the fair tail ending a couple of times, but for some reason he keeps finding himself with out a sponsor. But back to the story, the little engine just would not stop tyring, and this weekend sounds like Crag. No major full time sponsor, no full time crew chief,and this weekend with the last min changes to his help.
Copied from NHRA
“This track loves me, and I love it,” said Treble, who now has two wins in five final rounds in Englishtown. “I don’t know what it is but I really like it here. The guys like Matt Smith and Eddie [Krawiec] that went 6.90 were out of my league. I did not have a .90 in my bike. Of course, I don’t feel bad about the final because Eddie whipped my butt the last time we raced. I owed that to him. I was doing okay on the starting line, but I just let it fly in the final and went .007. I should have done that other three rounds, but it worked. I’m looking forward to the west coast swing now. I’ve got a major engine overhaul coming up after Norwalk, and I can afford it now.

“Normally my brother, Don Banaski, and Scott Williams are my crew guys, but neither one of them could make it this weekend. I recruited Johnny Thompson, then he broke his leg Friday night, so Michael Phillips and his crew helped us out. Michael is one of my best friends, and I wouldn’t be out here without him."

The final was the second straight round Treble won on a holeshot; he defeated Matt Smith in the same fashion in the semi’s, pairing a .033 reaction with a 6.96 to better Smith’s 6.904, the quickest time of the weekend. Leading up to those rounds, Treble ran a 6.93 and a 6.97 to get past Mike Berry and Karen Stoffer

No comments: